Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

355 Posts in 269 Topics- by 427 Members - Latest Member: LeAnn

September 22, 2014, 09:12:57 AM
Thy Word Network CommunityCommunityBible DiscussionSignature Verses
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Signature Verses  (Read 8043 times)
bobxusaf
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »

I know that a lot of people have what I call signature verses that they use.  For example, the associate pastor at my church references Acts 4:12 at the end of every email that he sends (or at least to the ones that he sends to me!).  I find 1 John 1:8-9 fascinating and thought provoking, and since we use it nearly every week in our worship service, it is rather easy to remember. 
I have found though, that sometimes putting together verses is rather powerful.  I like Psalm 27, verse 1, then verse 14, then back to verse 1.  Don't get me wrong, the entire passage from start to finish is a great piece of work (one of millions in the Bible), but those two verses, presented in that way, really calms me in times of trouble.
maria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »

Thy Word Network has the most amazing scripture selections from the bible . Every message from the Lord is true . The staff at Thy Word selects the most amazing scripture . Which is very helpful and encouraging to the listeners . God bless you Thy Word . Thanks so much for using the scripture along with the music . As a way for God to reach out and touch people .
Judy Sawyer
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:34:06 AM »

My favorite verses are Phil 4:6-9 (New Living Translation)

6 Donít worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience Godís peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from meóeverything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

During a time in my life when depression and thoughts of suicide dominated my mind, these verses kept me alive.  Thank God for His LIVING WORD!!  And thanks to Thy Word Network for being a constant encouragement!!  In the words of Dayspring's co-founder, Roy Lessin:

"Just think, You're here not by chance, but by God's choosing.  His hand formed you and made you the person you are.  He compares you to no one else -- you are one of a kind.  You lack nothing that His grace can't give you.  He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation."
Nate
Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »

Hi Judy,

Thanks for sharing those verses, and your story!  The verses are very encouraging, aren't they?  I love those verses in conjunction with Matthew 6:

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

-Nate

-Nate
Judy Sawyer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:15:29 AM »

Thanks Nate.  Encouraging words indeed!! Wink
andrej10
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »

Nice Nate,I follow you...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: