Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

355 Posts in 269 Topics- by 429 Members - Latest Member: angelinarickli

November 21, 2014, 10:19:49 AM
Thy Word Network CommunityCommunityPrayerLinkPrayer for friend to find wisdom
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Prayer for friend to find wisdom  (Read 2794 times)
John 3:30

Better than I deserve

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »

It's a long story, but I won't share many of the details.  Basically, I have a very close friend who is struggling with her faith right now.  I love this woman dearly, but in many ways she has forsaken her family, home, and faith to seek accomplishment and fulfillment in the world and with the world.  I fear for her, because I don't think she is pondering the path of her life, and I can see that she is headed for heartbreak and sorrow sooner or later because of her disobedience to God.  My heart is broken for her.  She is currently dating a non-believer and has surrounded herself with friends who aren't believers.  I don't think she has fallen completely into sin, but I fear that she is on the slippery slope to destruction.  I will be here for her if that happens, but I would much rather her turn back on her own.  I try to reach out to her, but she lives very far away.  She listens to what I say, but I don't think she takes it seriously.  The worst part is that I know I played a part in leading her to this point.  Please pray that she will find wisdom and that God will convict her heart to turn from the path she is on.  And pray that God will continue the work He has started in me, to make me more like Him, and give me wisdom to help her in any way that I can.  I believe in the power of prayer, which is why I am reaching out to my brothers and sisters in Christ for help in this matter.  Thank you so much for your prayers, and I am confident that in the near future God will allow me to post that our prayers have been answered and that this prodigal daughter has come home to those who love her best.  God Bless.
Susan Turner
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »

Father, you have promised to give wisdom when we ask you for it, so I am asking on behalf of this friend to know how to help and encourage her friend to chose the "path of righteousness."  Help this woman to understand your will and to be willing to do it, to understand the consequences of her actions.  Help these friends to show love through Your power!  In Jesus' Name.
larondab

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »

I often find songs have the best words to help friends with needs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE2Wg_f2_vM&feature=related
Prayer for a Friend by Casting Crowns
John 3:30

Better than I deserve

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:50:10 PM »

Thank you for your prayers and suggestions, and thank you to all those that have been praying but haven't posted anything.  I actually did send my friend a copy of that song, along with several other uplifting songs, several weeks ago.  I want to report that our prayers have been answered in a small way, but I have faith that bigger things are to come.  My friend confided in me last month that she has been making efforts to read the Bible more and apply it to her life and that she is trying to think intentionally about the path of her life instead of just reacting emotionally.  I don't think this has produced any life-changing results yet, but this gives me great hope that God has started the process of changing this girl's heart, I and hope that I can show the same patience that He has shown for me as I mature in Him.  Please keep praying for my friend, that she would walk in Wisdom and Light, that she would read God's holy word and abide in it, and that she would come home if that is God's will.  Your prayers are working, and I am so grateful for them.  May God bless you all.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: